What We Do
Taurus focuses on the multifamily, logistics, office, and renewable energy sectors, maintaining flexibility to react quickly to changing market fundamentals.
- Since 1998, Taurus has developed and acquired over 19 million square feet of Class A/B logistics properties.
- Through a value oriented investment approach, with a close eye on e-commerce and US trade growth, Taurus focuses on cash-flowing quality assets and de-risked developments. Most recently, Taurus completed deployment of the fully discretionary US Logistics Fund I, LP. In Europe, the firm has identified, and is focusing on ground up development of Class A logistics centers in Germany.
- Taurus’ multifamily investment strategy focuses on value creation opportunities in locations near higher education institutions with strong population and employment growth, low rent-to-income ratios, and access to infrastructure and amenities.
- The strategy focuses on older Class-B assets that feature the ability to add value through common-area upgrades, interior unit renovations, energy efficiency, and addressing deferred maintenance. Attention to detail on value-add projects allows for appreciation of capital, strong current yields, and income growth over the hold period.
- Taurus’ office strategy focuses on suburban locations, strong employment growth, and access to infrastructure and amenities.
- The strategy focuses on Class A/B assets that provide upside potential through additional lease-up, renovation, or re-positioning.
- Taurus’ mixed-use strategy is based on dense, large-scale developments, typically anchored by retail or office uses, located in high density urban neighborhoods which feature a young population that values convenience.
- Located in the US, as well as in growth markets like India and Turkey, mixed use developments typically involve Hospitality and Residential components that aim to leverage the synergy between the different uses to build superior value across the entire development.
- Taurus’ experience across all asset classes and strong relationships with development partners and tenants creates a competitive advantage in planning, developing, and managing mixed-use projects across the world
- Taurus seeks development opportunities throughout its platform, utilizing its project management and development teams to create leading edge mixed-use built environments.
- With over 30 years of land development experience, Taurus has expertise in permitting, zoning, master planning, design, leasing, public financing, infrastructure and ground-up construction.
- EcoSmart Solution, LLC brings an innovative approach to real estate development combining advanced technologies, partners, products, and construction methods to deliver zero-energy-capable homes in master planned communities at an affordable price. It’s comprehensive solution is designed to save natural resources and dramatically reduce homeowners’ energy costs. www.ecosmartsolution.com
- RENU Communities™ provides integrated energy efficiency and management solutions in combination with renewable energy power generation to retrofit multi-family assets of any class to a certified carbon neutral/zero emission property.
Taurus applies its insight and experience to organically expand its geographic footprint. Currently managing investments in 9 countries, the firm has experience operating and investing in more than 12 different countries over its history. Taurus leverages its capabilities in investment selection, asset management, property management, project management, and development to produce lasting performances for its investors.
“ The differentiator for Taurus is in its multi discipline expertise. By empowering and combining the strength of in-house experts in the fields of multi family, office, logistics, and renewable energy, we have created targeted, scalable investment strategies on three continents for our partners. ”
A forward-thinking strategy of diversification by both property type and location has helped Taurus yield consistently strong returns and has insulated its clients from fluctuations in individual markets. As of 2018, the firm has purchased and sold more than 45 million square feet of residential, office, industrial, retail and other commercial real estate assets throughout the world with a total acquisition value of over $7.2 billion.
Taurus maintains offices and manages projects throughout many regions of the world. Taurus is committed to preserving and improving the communities where our employees live and work, and is proud to support those causes that are most meaningful to the members of the Taurus Team.